Nova hosts The Assembly which is the name for the influencing activity in the Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise sector (VCSE) in Wakefield District.
The Assembly for Wakefield District links groups and organisations to ensure a strong and clear voice for the Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise sector (VCSE) locally. Through these links The Assembly aims to provide a platform for strategic influence, information sharing, discussion and action to bring about positive change.
The objectives of The Assembly are:
- To ensure that local policies and practice take into account the views, needs and assets of the VCSE
- To be a two-way link for sharing of information with VCSE colleagues and statutory partners
- To provide a platform for campaigning and engagement on key issues facing the VCSE
- To ensure there is adequate representation on strategic partnerships across Wakefield District.
It does this by:
- Facilitating the representation and accountability of VCSE representatives at relevant statutory partnerships
- Sharing information between organisations, groups and partners at meetings and events and through the Nova website and e-bulletins
- Working closely with the statutory sector and the VCSE to foster partnership working and identify opportunities
- Developing and supporting Task & Finish groups to focus on specific issues, including campaigns
Voluntary, community and social enterprise organisations are encouraged to join Nova and add their voice to The Assembly.
A large membership, that is representative of the sector, has more authority and influence, helping the voice of the sector to be heard. To be part of The Assembly you need to join Nova as a member. Membership is free and gives access to other Nova services, as well as The Assembly. After you have registered you can login to the My Nova members pages on the website.
Get in Touch
The Assembly is the voice of the sector so please get in touch if there are issues affecting your organisation, that may also be affecting the wider VCS, or if you have any questions about The Assembly contact Angela Davies, Assembly Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org