The Deaf Ex-mainstreamers Group (DEX) is hosting a Deaf Awareness Day to celebrate the nationwide Deaf Awareness Week.
|When||Saturday 13 May at 11:00am to 4:30pm, 2017|
Gallery Walk, Wakefield, WF1 5AW
The free event has been jointly organised by DEX and DEX Deaf Youth Council (DDYC).
The event will include many deaf people exhibiting with information about deaf issues, deaf awareness, deaf culture, British Sign Language, story CDs in sign language, cards and crafts.
The exhibitors are:
- DeafEducate – Publishes BSL books for Deaf readers and hearing BSL learners.
- Sunsurfer Ltd – Deaf Awareness training and introduction to British Sign Language.
- Young Lives Consortium Wakefield – representing and supporting children, young people and families across the Wakefield District.
- West Yorkshire Police – information for local deaf people and in participation with DEX Deaf Youth Council.
- Wakefield & District Society for Deaf People – offers a specialised service for the needs of deaf and hearing impaired people.
- Doncaster Deaf Trust – Helping deaf students to develop social and independence skills at college with individualised programmes of study.
- Suzanne Rogers – Artist and Photographer – photographic greetings cards and crafts.
- Georgina Brown – Artist and Photographer – photographic greetings cards of Wakefield and Yorkshire.