Survivors West Yorkshire's Ben's Place project is pleased to bring you an opportunity to explore Post Traumatic Growth (PTG) in male survivors of sexual abuse and rape.
|When||Tuesday 16 July at 10:00am to 12:00pm|
Digital Health Enterprise Zone (DHEZ)
Phoenix South West Building, Bradford University, Bradford, BD7 1DP
These series of discussion events will showcase a set of films from the US:
1. Stories of Silence: Recovering From Boyhood Sexual Abuse
2. Boys and Men Healing from childhood sexual abuse
3. Boyhood Shadows: "I swore I'd never tell"
4. 'Pursuit of Truth': Adult Survivors of Child Sexual Abuse Seeking Justice
5. Male Survivor Stories – The Bristlecone Project
"Men who were sexually abused or assaulted may feel isolated and stigmatized by what happened to them.
The truth is that millions of men from around the world have had these experiences.
They are a courageous group who are no longer willing to be silenced by stigma and shame.
They're men who confront the past, but who walk forward into the future."
David Lisak, PhD, Bristlecone Project Founder
The above film showings will be an opportunity for an open discussion around empowering growth opportunities for West Yorkshire male survivors:
- What are the barriers?
- What are the opportunities?
- How do we create real change?
The events are free and open to anyone looking to understand more about male survivors and the work of Survivors West Yorkshire's Ben's Place project.
** Places are limited at each event to allow for relaxed discussion around male survivors and PTG.