Comic Relief are continuing their partnership with the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) and the UK’s devolved administrations to open this £1.2 million to support organisations across the UK tackling violence against women and girls (VAWG). Closing date for applications is 4 September 2019.
The fund has been made available through a grant from the Tampon Tax Fund.
Objectives of Fund
Proposals should respond to one or more of the programme’s aims:
- Maintain / improve support for women and girls who are experiencing or at risk of violence and abuse
- Expand reach and support for women and girls who face additional barriers in accessing services such as BAMER (Black, Asian Minority Ethnic and Refugee), older, LBTI (Lesbian, Bisexual, Trans and Intersex), and disabled communities
- Capture the lived experiences of women and girls to inform the design and delivery of services, practice and policy
- Coordinate cross sector partnerships to build more trauma-informed, joined-up care pathways that meet the holistic needs of women and girls.
- Funding will be provided to support those facing multiple disadvantage across one or more strands of Violence against Women & Girls (VAWG). These stands are defined as:
- Child Sexual Exploitation
- Coercive Control
- Domestic Abuse
- Harmful Practices (FGM, FM, HBV)
- Image-based sexual offending
- Sexual harassment
- Sexual violence & rape
For more information, and to apply, please visit the Comic Relief website.