The Community Partnering Fund will focus on supporting Third Sector organisations and community groups (in the geographical areas highlighted at the end of his document) with innovative approaches to delivering sustainable initiatives that help broaden Northern Gas Networks and Northern Powergrid’s reach and educate and support communities and individuals on at least one of the following objectives:
- Alleviating hardship associated with fuel poverty and promoting innovative energy-related environmental impact, energy efficiency or carbon reduction.
- Educating and informing communities about safety in relation to domestic gas and power including the dangers from Carbon Monoxide (CO) poisoning and how to protect against it.
- Encouraging interest in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) subjects and related career opportunities.
- Promoting use of the Priority Services Register, a free service provided by network operators and suppliers to customers in vulnerable circumstances within communities.
- Championing community energy through encouraging people to come together to generate, own, manage, or reduce consumption of energy.
- Project funding specifically for organisations working around food poverty for people particularly affected by COVID-19.
Grants of between £1,000 and £10,000 are available. Priority will be given to applicants that are applying for grants of up to £5,000.
For more information, and to apply, please visit the Leeds Community Foundation website.