Wakefield Council has commissioned Nova to deliver an additional round of the existing Live Well Wakefield Small Grants Programme.
This funding has a specific set of outcomes drawn from the MHCLG Covid Community Champions Programme. There will be two key areas of focus:
- Covid Messaging and Support
- Vaccine Messaging and Support
Applications are encouraged from organisations working with or within:
- Sensory impairments
- Learning Disabilities
- Long term conditions
- Black and Minority Ethnic Communities including Gypsy Travellers, Refugees and People seeking Asylum
- Faith Communities
- Communities experiencing disadvantage through poverty
Grant amounts will be from £200 - £20,000. We encourage smaller groups and organisations to come forward and bid for funding, we are happy to help you.
This approach will allow smaller groups and organisations to use your knowledge of the people you help to tell us exactly what is needed.
We also encourage joint applications and partnership working where organisations can evidence their collective impact in developing wider community solutions.
Outcomes specific to this funding:
- Focus on Covid Stay Safe messaging and increasing confidence in these messages – in particular to groups experiencing greater impact of Covid
- Focus on vaccination messages and increasing confidence and uptake – in particular to groups experiencing greater impact of Covid
- Development of practical solutions to overcome barriers to uptake of the vaccination
- Innovative engagement and delivery methods to ensure greatest reach into these communities
All applications will be considered by a panel with expertise in working with adults, families, disabilities, Long term conditions, Black and Ethnic Minority engagement and will include relevant officers with specialist knowledge of communities experiencing greater impact of Covid.
An Information Session for the fund is going to be held on Thursday 25 February, 6.00pm - 7.00pm via Zoom - please email email@example.com if you would like to attend.
How to Apply
If you would prefer to submit an application for funding using video you can do so considering the guidance below:
Videos should be no larger than 2GB and should aim to clearly cover all questions highlighted in the application form. Completed videos can be transferred to firstname.lastname@example.org using wetransfer.com. If you have any issues using WeTransfer, contact the Nova team.
The deadline for applications is 5pm on 14 March 2021. Completed applications should be sent to email@example.com.