We are pleased to inform you of the launch of the first round of the Live Well Wakefield Small Grants Fund. Closing date for applications 31 October 2017.
All applications received by 31 October 2017 will go to the November panel, with all applicants being informed of the decision by the end of November 2017.
In this round, we would welcome applications which address the needs identified below, however, all applications will be considered if they meet the criteria of this grant fund:
- Support for people in completing forms – for those who are unable to do this for themselves and are unable to access other support to help.
- Support people to do their own shopping – to enable people to remain independent and maintain skills.
- Befriending – support for those who are extremely isolated (we realise that there are many other befriending schemes, but the waiting list is often very long).
- Support younger adults who may have lost their confidence after leaving full time education and are finding life difficult.
- Supported travel scheme – to support and help build confidence for those who find travelling and using public transport difficult.
We envisage that the above would be delivered by working with, recruiting and training volunteers, however, we welcome all your ideas on how these could be addressed.
Please return completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to receiving all your applications.