Do you know an Unsung Hero in the Wakefield District? An ordinary person making a difference to their local community, who deserves to be recognised?
The event which is organised by Community Foundation Wakefield follows on from the 2017 Unsung Heroes event which recognised 13 extraordinary individuals, who made a difference to their local community, the nominations are now open for 2018.
The awards give public recognition to volunteers who run/organise activities or contribute in any way to helping their local community in the Wakefield District.
The nominations can be in ANY area such as:
- Sport - do they run a sports club, are they coaching
- Disability - do they provide a support service, social club
- Mental health - do they support people with dementia, depression
- Arts - do they run a drama group, art classes
- Befriending - do they visit the local elderly or those who are isolated
This is just an example, if you know someone else, nominate them!
For more information, please see the Unsung Heroes 2018 poster.
Community Foundation Wakefield District, PO Box 695, Wakefield, WF1 9NW
Deadline for nominations is Friday 16 March 2018.