The Living Wage Foundation has announced the new UK Living Wage hourly rate to mark the start of Living Wage Week 2018.
Nova is a Real Living Wage employer and supports the changes in the Real Living Wage hourly rate.
Key points to take from the announcement:
- The Living Wage Foundation announces new UK Living Wage hourly rate of £9 per hour, an increase of 25p per hour
- London Mayor announces new London Living Wage of £10.55 per hour, an increase of 35p per hour
- Over 180,000 workers are set for a pay boost
- The UK rate is £1.17 per hour more than the government minimum wage (for over 25s) and the London Living Wage is £2.72 higher.
- Over 4,700 Living Wage employers across the UK including over 1,500 in London
- New research finds that £809,000,000 in extra wages has gone to low-paid workers because of the Living Wage movement, with almost £200m extra received in the past year alone
For more information, please visit the Living Wage Foundation website.