The Building Powerful Communities - Community Entrepreneurs Start Up Programme is an exciting new bite size training programme for potential entrepreneurs to find out more about setting up a Social Enterprise and how to go about it.
Building Powerful Communities is an exciting project that will:
- Inspire and develop community entrepreneurs
- Provide small capital grants to get organisations started
- Provide tailored development and business support
The Building Powerful Communities Project is open to people and community businesses that are based in Airedale, Castleford, Ferrybridge, Havercroft & Ryhill, Kinsley & Fitzwilliam, South Elmsall and South Kirkby.
Support is available to new and existing organisations and entrepreneurial individuals who are interested in developing a community business, who are based or operating in the above areas. We can help you grow, develop ideas, try something new, become more sustainable, undertake facilitated Nova ASSIST (a diagnostic tool for organisations/groups), choose the right legal structure and look at funding opportunities.
The Building Powerful Communities - Community Entrepreneurs Start Up Programme is an exciting new bite size training programme for potential entrepreneurs to find out more about setting up a Social Enterprise and how to go about it. The sessions are delivered by our very experienced and inspirational Specialist Partners.
You can choose from a minimum of six sessions from the list below but why not commit to all 8?
- What is a Social Enterprise – an introduction to Nova and to the Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise (VCSE) Sector, recognising a need and social impact
- Your business idea – developing your strategy and writing a business plan
- Setting up a Social Enterprise – which legal structure is right for you and what do you need to do?
- Funding – sources of funding and fundraising, writing successful bids and match funding for small capital grants
- Looking after the finances – what do you need to consider – budgets, cashflow, management of finances, where to get support
- Getting your message across – marketing campaign, market research, social media and website
- Legal duties – policies and procedures, health & safety and safeguarding
- Next steps
You will also be able to;
- join the new Community Entrepreneurs Network to continue to benefit from ongoing support and advice
- receive the Nova news e-bulletin
- become a Nova member to receive ongoing support/ mentoring
You may also be able to apply for a small capital grant to help you get your business going. The Small Capital Grants Fund will support the development of existing and new organisations and entrepreneurs, and is managed and supported by Nova. Small Capital Grants are to enable the purchase of equipment to help get businesses started or be more enterprising.
Each grant needs you to contribute 40% of the total costs of the equipment which can either be from your own money you put into your business or our Adviser will be covering how to apply for funding support as part of the training programme
Building Powerful Communities is part of Wakefield’s PEAT Project which is a CLLD Programme that is part financed by the European Structural and Investment Fund,and will run until December 2021. It is designed to develop Third Sector Capacity, building on local community assets and resources through programmes of activity to support the third sector to become more enterprising and sustainable, in the areas of Airedale, Castleford, Ferrybridge, Havercroft & Ryhill, Kinsley & Fitzwilliam, South Elmsall & South Kirkby and Hemsworth.
It gives a voice to those living and working in these areas, letting them shape the interventions that will support local people and businesses to grow and access opportunities.
If you would like to find out more or apply to join the programme then contact Julie Baker on Julie.Baker@nova-wd.org.uk or call 07927 554280.