Nova works alongside a number of expert organisations in Wakefield District to deliver support:
Get in touch with our partners directly if you have a particular issue which you think they can help with. Our partner organisations are:
- Community Foundation for Wakefield District - Access to local funding such as Comic Relief.
- West Yorkshire Community Accounting Service (WYCAS) - Supporting organisations to manage their finances more effectively.
- Young Lives Consortium - A network of voluntary organisations working with children, young people and families in Wakefield District.
Community Foundation for Wakefield District
Tel: 01924 239 181
The Community Foundation for Wakefield District was established in 2007. It is part of a growing network of grant-giving organisations in the UK and worldwide. The Foundation relies on donations from individual and corporate donors, whose generosity supports our grant-making programme.
They have two key roles. One is to act as a 'Philanthropy Advisor' working in a professional and confidential way with individuals, organisations and companies to establish and then manage a wide range of charitable funds.
The second is to act as the bridge with the local community and voluntary sector, ensuring that grants are used to address real needs and problems. Donors are secure in the knowledge that every penny that they donate is spent directly on supporting local people and every effort is made to ensure Donors are kept in touch with the impact of their giving.
West Yorkshire Community Accounting Service (WYCAS)
As a charity, West Yorkshire Community Accounting Service (WYCAS) exists to help organisations manage their finances better and allow them to focus on delivering their services. For many in the sector, specialised accounting staff are a luxury and engaging accountancy firms or advisors can have a prohibitive cost, especially in challenging economic times. WYCAS provides a solution by giving organisations access to cost effective specialist financial support.
The aim of WYCAS is to develop the financial skills and experience of the organisations we serve and make complex financial issues and terminology accessible. The specialist and experienced staff work with over 550 organisations throughout West Yorkshire.
They can help in the following areas:
Supporting operational needs
- Interim bookkeeping/remedial accounts work
- Management accounts
- Implementing new accounting systems
Developing financial management skills and experience
- One to One training and support at a place to suit you
- Financial training workshops/courses
- Good practice publications and advice
Helping meet statutory and funder requirements
- Preparation of year end accounts
- Independent examinations
- Financial governance healthchecks
Supporting changing needs
- Service costing/pricing
- Financial modelling/scenario planning
- Mentoring and coaching finance staff
Young Lives Consortium
Young Lives Consortium is a membership organisation of Voluntary and Community Sector (VCS) Groups working with children and young people aged 0-19 years across the Wakefield District.
We work alongside a broad range of services which includes charities, voluntary and community groups, uniform and faith groups providing play, youth services, sports services.