Yorkshire Ambulance Service is offering FREE 2.5 hr First Aid Awareness courses to communities across the Yorkshire Ambulance Service area of North, South, West and East Yorkshire.
The course covers:
- How to recognise a Suspected Heart Attack
- How, when and why to perform Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Demonstration with AED Training Machine
- How to perform Hands-Only Chest Compressions (CPR)
- How, when and why to place an Unconscious Breathing person into the Recovery Position
- How to recognise and deal with a Choking Situation
- How to deal with a Suspected Stroke (FAST)
- How to deal with Life-Threatening or Serious Bleeding
- (Adult – Child – Baby protocols will be shown)
Numbers could range from 12-20 in any group.
Once competed, attendees will receive:
- a YAS Certificate of Attendance (not a qualification) which would look rather nice in anyone's CV or portfolio,
- and a FREE disposable YAS Emergency CPR Resuscitation Faceshield.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.