This page contains documents about Wakefield District and the voluntary sector which you might find useful in your work.
Documents about the VCS in the district
- Do you need a venue for an event or meeting? Nova has put together a useful list of community venues in Wakefield District. If you're looking for a venue in a particular area you might find it easier to look at our Google Map.
- Please contact us if you would like your community venue adding to the list, or your listing updated.
- This briefing gives an overview of the knowledge, expertise and insight that voluntary and community sector organisations hold about their local communities and diverse groups of people within these, as well as the different ways this knowledge can be used to enhance Joint Strategic Needs Assessments and commissioning.
- Do you need to get a better idea of Wakefield's current population, housing, employment and health? Do you need to profile the areas you work in, or your target groups/users? This document provides a basic picture of the main aspects of Wakefield, which can be used to compare with other places or national averages.
- There is a vast and growing amount of data available online, and this document provides links to the main sources. Accessing the data is the first step in obtaining demographic information that can assist your organisation in making bids for contracts or grants, and in focussing your services exactly where they can be most effective and beneficial to your community.
Third Sector Strategy (Word)
- The Third Sector Strategy for Wakefield District has been adopted by Wakefield Together, and describes the strategic objectives and associated actions which will support and grow the sector between 2013-2016.